Our Faith-Based Rehab
Focuses on the Total Person
Great Lakes Men’s Rehab, part of the Adult & Teen Challenge, focuses on the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social, and educational training to prepare them for their new life post-addiction. All aspects of our faith-based rehab focus on abstinence from alcohol and other drugs and, most importantly, building the foundation to support recovery for a lifetime, including spiritual recovery.
- Spiritually: We know that the student’s symptoms indicate deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Biblical studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs – a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc – are key factors to the student’s success in the program.
- Educationally: We have developed a life training curriculum specifically designed to develop the skills required for them to become successful members of society. Comprehensive education includes subjects ranging from the related health aspects of chemical dependency, boundary setting, anger management, coping skills, relapse prevention, and cognitive behavioral tools to help build a strong foundation in recovery.
Why Choose Our Faith-Based Rehab Program First?
Long-term residential recovery programs like Great Lakes Men’s Rehab, part of Adult & Teen Challenge, differ from typical short-term programs you hear so much about. Short-term “revolving door” programs are visited repeatedly by relapsed addicts, temporarily solving the addiction but never solving the core of the problem, so the addiction returns. So, the addict has to return to rehabs repeatedly, costing them, their insurance carrier, or their family tens of thousands of dollars each time. Every day, our Milwaukee rehab enrolls individuals who have previously attended 5, 10, 20, or even 30 costly short-term rehabs, to no avail. They should have come to Great Lakes Men’s Rehab first!
Why is Great Lakes Men’s Rehab Different?
It is one of the few programs to dedicate a year to working with each addict. That is a huge financial commitment by the organization and community, but it is the time needed for the recovery rates to be what they are. The day-to-day structure, community, and faith emphasis over such an extended time bring addicts slowly out of wrong and drug-impacted thinking into an awareness of a purpose for their life and a new way of thinking and living. Such a new purpose and way of living has no place for abusing drugs or alcohol; addiction is replaced by self-love, peace, happiness, purpose, and excitement for the future.
Will Forced Avoidance of Substances Solve the Problem?
The short answer is “No.” Detoxing and keeping an individual from drugs or alcohol only lasts as long as the addict is in a controlled environment. After that, if other life issues are not dealt with, the addict will return to the addiction. This isn’t because it is a disease — it is a learned behavior for covering up the individual’s hurts and longings, and it feels good initially. Yes, Adult & Teen Challenge faith-based rehabs separate addicts from their addicting substances for longer, but the harder work they do is to replace the addiction with a whole new way of living. They gradually work the individual back into the community with a new goal in life, and they have the strength to avoid negative behaviors and environments on their own. Great Lakes Men’s Rehab, part of Teen Challenge, also teaches responsibility, work ethic, and pride in work. More importantly, they instill truthfulness and trustworthiness in each individual, the cornerstones of relationships and responsibilities.
Typical Program Duration and Levels
- Level One (14 weeks) – Recovery Residents attend classes that emphasize recognizing and changing destructive thoughts and beliefs, understanding the basic needs they were attempting to fulfill through chemical use, and learning practical tools that equip them to change their lives.
- Level Two (12 weeks) – Renewal Residents participate in the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual work it takes to heal the wounds of past failures, broken relationships, spiritual deceptions, and issues with their identity, often at the root of chemical addiction.
- Level Three (12 weeks) – Restoration and Healing Residents learn more about purpose in life and how to enter a future free from the oppression of old wounds, creating a solid foundation for the future, and identifying and utilizing their unique gifts and talents.
- Level Four (12 weeks) – Transition Residents begin taking practical steps toward putting what they’ve learned into action by securing employment and housing, effectively managing their time and resources, and learning how to become leaders who give back to the families and communities they are re-entering.
Final Word and a Promise for Those Searching for Freedom from Addiction
At the core of the Great Lakes faith-based rehabs is this principle…
“God’s love has the power to reach and transform every addict, offering them instead a life of truth, peace, and purpose. Our goal is to clear the addict’s mind and provide the right motivations, environment, training, and mentorship to support this transformation. So, contact our Milwaukee rehab first if you or a loved one is on the downward spiral of substance abuse. We promise it will be the last rehab program you or they will ever need.”